WEEK 1: March 30 – April 3
Mrs. de Rose’s email:
Office Hours: 10:00-11:30 and 1:30-3:00. This is when I will be available to answer questions through email, teams, or remind. If needed we can even schedule a video conference through Teams to help with work or answer questions. Parents OR students 🙂
Please join us on remind at https://www.remind.com/join/derose5
Standards: LAFS.5.RI.3.7, LAFS.5.W.1.2, LAFS.5.W.2.5
- Students will draw information from multiple print or digital resources and demonstrate the ability to locate an answer to a question quickly or to solve a problem efficiently
- Students will be able to summarize a text
- Students will write to a prompt using an introduction, related facts, details, and connect sections of information.
- Students will develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, editing, rewriting with instructor and or peer help
- Monday: 45 minutes of I-Ready. Log on through v Portal. You should be able to complete 1 or 2 lessons and quizzes.
- Tuesday: Ready Reading book Lesson 18 pgs. 320-329. Use the Power Point that is attached on our Team page in Office 365 under the Files tab. You will follow along with me as I teach this lesson. If you do not have your book you may print the pages off from the attached resources below.
- Wednesday: Work for 20 min on IXL skills K.1 and W.1 Your goal is 80% or better. Complete the assigned reading in Newsela, ‘Tallest Wooden Roller Coaster’. Complete the quiz and written response. If you cannot access Newsela please print off the attached copy below for a paper version.
- Thursday: Start the informational writing prompt for Water Changes Earth’s Surface which was in your packet. Read through the passages and make a plan for your writing using the attached graphic organizer below or create one of your own. If you do not have the packet please print off from the resources below.
- Friday: 1. Read pgs. 330-332 in your Ready Reading book or use the attachment below to view passages. Use the passages to complete the assessment on GoFormative “Ready Reading Lesson 18 Formative” it has already been assigned to you. Follow this link and sign in using your 1alpha as your username and password. This will be taken for a grade. 2. Use your plan for your essay that you created yesterday to write your introduction paragraph in Office365 Word app. Use the checklist attached below to make sure you have all the required elements. Once you have typed your introduction please share with me like we did with the power points in social studies. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org. This way I can give feedback on your writing.
Ready Reading Lesson 18 Printable Pages
Tallest Wooden Roller Coaster Printable Pages
-Water Changes Earth’s Surface
Friday 4-3-20 Assessment Pages
Standards: SS.5.A.6.1, SS.5.A.6.2
- Students will be able to describe the causes and effects of the Louisiana Purchase.
- Students will be able identify roles and contributions of significant people during the period of westward expansion.