WEEK 2: April 6 – 10
Mrs. de Rose’s email:
Office Hours: 10:00-11:30 and 1:30-3:00. This is when I will be available to answer questions through email, teams, or remind. If needed, we can even schedule a video conference through Teams to help with work or answer questions. Parents OR students 🙂
Please join us on remind at https://www.remind.com/join/derose5
Standards: LAFS.5.RI.3.8, LAFS.5.W.3.9b, LAFS.5.SL.1.1d, LAFS.5.L.3.4b, LAFS.5.L.3.6
· Students will identify an author’s points and supporting evidence in a text.
· Students will explain how the evidence supports particular points in a text.
· Students will draw evidence from informational texts to support analysis and reflection.
· Students will review the key ideas expressed and draw conclusions.
· Students will use Greek and Latin affixes and roots as clues to the meaning of a word.
· Students will acquire and use academic and domain specific words and phrases.
- Monday: 45 minutes of I-Ready. Log on through v Portal. You should be able to complete 1 or 2 lessons and quizzes..
- Tuesday: Ready Reading Lesson 19 Power Point. Use the power point titled Lesson 19 under files – class materials in Teams to complete this lesson. You will follow along just like last week. If you do not have your book print off the pages from the resources below. There is nothing you need to turn in to me.
- Wednesday: 20 min on IXL skills W.2 and EE.1 and 20 min on Newsela.com – read the assigned article “Board Games for Quarantine” and complete 4 comprehension questions. You do not need to do the written response question. There is nothing you need to turn in I can see who completed the assignments and their time online.
- Thursday: Writing: Open up your essay in Office 365 Word app and make any corrections I gave for your introduction. Continue to write your essay by writing the main body paragraphs (at least 2) in the Office365 Word app. Use the checklist attached below to make sure you have all the required elements. Do not share you essay with me today. You will be sharing after you complete tomorrow’s assignment.
- Friday: Read pgs. 344-346 in your Ready Reading book or use the attachment below to view passages. Use the passages to complete the assessment on GoFormative “Ready Reading Lesson 19 Formative” it has already been assigned to you. Follow this link and sign in using your 1alpha as your username and password. This will be taken for a grade. 2. Continue working on your essay. Finish your main body paragraphs and write your conclusion. Share your essay with me by hitting the share button in the upper right hand corner and send to firstname.lastname@example.org so I can give you feedback.
RESOURCES:`Remember if you have your Ready Reading book then you do not need to print out any of the pages.
Lesson 19 Printable Pages
Lesson 19 Assessment Printable Pages
-Water Changes Earth’s Surface
Standards: SS.5.A.6.1, SS.5.A.6.2
- Student will identify the causes and effects of the War of 1812
- Students will be able to explain how westward expansion affected Native Americans
- Monday: Complete the nearpod for Lesson 3 in your Westward Expansion Packet. Follow this link or go to nearpod.com and use this code FHOKW. Remember to sign in with your first and last name only. NO NICKNAMES. There are no papers to turn in, I can see your work in Nearpod.
- Tuesday: Watch the Trail of Tears Brainpop video by following this link or by going to brainpop.com and searching trail of tears. Username and password is ivhawn5th. After you have watched the video complete the graded quiz as a review and email me your results. You can either print out the quiz and send me a picture of it completed OR you can complete the quiz online and once finished there is a button link at the bottom of the quiz that says “email results to your teacher” Please do this so I can see that you completed the work. My email is email@example.com
- Wednesday: Complete the nearpod for Lesson 4 in your Westward Expansion Packet. Follow this link or go to nearpod.com and use this code BDAON. Remember to sign in with your first and last name only. NO NICKNAMES. There are no papers to turn in, I can see your work in Nearpod.
- Thursday: You are going to go on a digital scavenger hunt! Follow this link https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=S3jpkwc1_0C8AVnqihp7ccF-kZwf2PVBu_Nuswu87bdUQzNLOFc3Wk5XRUREQlM4QUQxTTBGOUw1RS4u and have fun! The digital scavenger hunt will be taken as a grade. There is no paper to turn in.
- Friday: You have the option of doing 2 different activities YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO BOTH. Choose which activity you want to complete and follow the directions. Happy Friday! OPTION 1: Trail of Tears Code Breaker. Go to nearpod.com or follow this link and enter code ZPUSL . OPTION 2: Read the readworks article which has been assigned to you titled “Removal, Assimilation, and the Growth of the U.S.” and complete the quiz that goes with it.
RESOURCES: Remember if you have your Social Studies Packet and complete the other activities online you do not need to print anything out.
Lesson 3 and 4 Printable Pages
Trail of Tears Internet Scavenger Hunt Printable Pages
Readworks story “Removal, Assimilation, and Growth of the US” Printable Pages
Trail of Tears Code Breaker Printable Pages