WEEK 3: April 13 – 17
Mrs. de Rose’s email:
Office Hours: 10:00-11:30 and 1:30-3:00. This is when I will be available to answer questions through email, teams, or remind. If needed, we can even schedule a video conference through Teams to help with work or answer questions. Parents OR students 🙂
Please join us on remind at https://www.remind.com/join/derose5
– LAFS.5.RI.3.9; LAFS.5.W.3.9b; LAFS.5.SL.1.1.d; LAFS.5.L.3.4b; LAFS.5.L.3.6
· Students will integrate information from several texts on the same topic in order to write or speak about the subject knowledgeably
· Students will draw evidence from informational texts to support analysis and reflection.
· Students will review the key ideas expressed and draw conclusions.
· Students will use Greek and Latin affixes and roots as clues to the meaning of a word.
· Students will acquire and use academic and domain specific words and phrases.
Weekly grades will be taken from all weekly work completed and submitted to the teacher either through email or digital platforms. The weekly assignments will be added together and an average score will be given as the weekly assessment score.
- Monday: 45 minutes of I-Ready. Log on through v Portal. You should be able to complete 1 or 2 lessons and quizzes.
- Tuesday: Ready Reading Lesson 20 Power Point. Use the power point titled Lesson 20 under files – class materials – in Teams to complete this lesson. You will follow along just like the last two weeks. If you do not have your book, print off the pages from the resources below. There are no papers you need to turn in to me.
- Wednesday: 20 min on IXL skills W.3 and EE.3 and 20 min on Newsela.com – read the assigned article “Manifest Destiny” and complete the 4 comprehension questions. You do not need to do the written response question. There is nothing you need to turn in I can see who completed the assignments and their time spent on the reading and quiz online.
- Thursday: VIRTUAL FIELD TRIP!!!! This was supposed to be our field trip to Kennedy Space Center so we thought it would be fun to go on a virtual field trip today. Open this document NASA-Field-Trip and follow the links and direction to do a virtual tour of Kennedy Space Center. Remember to submit your reflection to your HOMEROOM teacher after you are done.
- Friday: Read pgs. 360-363 in your Ready Reading book or use the attachment below to view the passages. Use the passages to complete the quiz on GoFormative “Ready Reading Lesson 20” it has already been assigned to you. Follow this link and sign in using the class join code WCOANC and your 1alpha as your username and password. There is no written response this week.
Lesson 20 Printable Pages
Lesson 20 Assessment Pages
Manifest Destiny Printable Pages
Standards: SS.5.A.6.4; SS.5.A.6.7; SS.A.5.A.6.2
- Students will be able to write about and discuss the concept of the Manifest Destiny
- Students will be able to explain the importance of the explorations west of the Mississippi River
- Students will be able to identify roles and contributions of significant people during the expansion of western expansion
- Monday: Complete slide 1- 10 for the Lesson 5 nearpod in your Westward Expansion Packet. We will complete this lesson over 2 days. Follow this link or go to nearpod.com and use this code FYRTP. Remember to sign in with your first and last name only. NO NICKNAMES. There are no papers to turn in, I can see your work in Nearpod.
- Tuesday: Complete slide 11- 24 for the Lesson 5 nearpod in your Westward Expansion Packet. You will complete this lesson today. Follow this link or go to nearpod.com and use the same code as yesterday FYRTP. Just skip forward to the correct slide (11) and start from there. I will see in nearpod that you have logged in twice over 2 days. Remember to sign in with your first and last name only. NO NICKNAMES. There are no papers to turn in, I can see your work in Nearpod.
- Wednesday: Complete the power point lesson on Manifest Destiny. You can find the power point in Teams – Files – Class Materials – Manifest Destiny. Once you complete the power point use this link to complete the 5 question quiz based on the information you learned from the power point. There is no papers to turn in.
- Thursday: VIRTUL FIELD TRIP!!! Follow the directions in the ELA weekly plans to complete this fun virtual tour of Kennedy Space Center.
- Friday: Go to brainpop.com and watch the video titled ‘Texas Revolution”. We will be studying how Texas became part of the United States and played a role in the idea of Manifest Destiny over the next few lessons. Once you have watched the video take the GRADED QUIZ and EMAIL me your results.
Western Expansion Lesson 5 Printable Pages