WEEK 5: April 27 – May 1
Mrs. de Rose’s email:
Office Hours: 10:00-11:30 and 1:30-3:00. This is when I will be available to answer questions through email, teams, or remind. If needed, we can even schedule a video conference through Teams to help with work or answer questions. Parents OR students 🙂
Please join us on remind at https://www.remind.com/join/derose5
– LAFS.5.RL.3.9 LAFS.5.W.3.9a; LAFS.5.SL.2.4; LAFS.5.L.3.4b; LAFS.5.L.3.6
– Compare and contrast stories in the same genre on their approaches to similar themes and topics
– Draw evidence from literary or informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and research.
– Report on a topic or text or present an opinion, sequencing ideas logically and using appropriate facts and relevant, descriptive details to support main ideas or themes
– Students will use Greek and Latin affixes and roots as clues to the meaning of a word.
– Students will acquire and use academic and domain specific words and phrases.
Weekly grades will be taken from all weekly work completed and submitted to the teacher either through email or digital platforms. The weekly assignments will be added together and an average score will be given as the weekly assessment score.
SOMETHING NEW!!!!! READ THIS!!!!! I am going to be getting on Teams at 2pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I will host a meeting that you can join in. You do not have to join but I thought it might be a fun a way to check in with each other, ask questions, and do a little classwork together. The work will be quick and just a review of skills or a fun activity. It will only by for 30 min. so from 2 – 2:30 I will post the meeting in TEAMS and if you want to hop on just hit join meeting. I hope to see you guys in at least some of the meetings J This meeting does not replace the work listed below but is just something I thought would be fun for us to do together. It is not mandatory.
- Monday: 30 minutes of i-Ready. Log on through v Portal. You should be able to complete 1 or 2 lessons and quizzes.
- Tuesday: Ready Reading Lesson 22 Power Point. Use the power point titled Lesson 22 under files – class materials – in Teams to complete this lesson. You will follow along with the power point. If you do not have your book, print off the pages from the resources below. There are no papers you need to turn in to me.
- Wednesday: 15 min on www.ixl.com skills W.5 and U.2 and 15 min on www.newsela.com. Read the assigned article “My Name is Tani” and complete the 4 comprehension questions. You do not need to do the written response question. Remember to follow the sign in directions for Newsela and IXL that you can find on this document Digital Platforms Access Cheat Sheet. You can also find it in Teams under files and on Classroom Connect. There is nothing you need to turn in I can see who completed the assignments and their time spent on the activities online.
- Thursday: Paragraph Writing. We are going to do another Nearpod and work on writing well-formed paragraphs. Follow this link to go to Nearpod.com and use the code RUGNF to complete the lesson. You will be writing your paragraphs in the nearpod so there is no need to turn in any other work to me. I will see what you wrote in the nearpod. Remember to follow the sign in directions for Nearpod that you can find on this document Digital Platforms Access Cheat Sheet. You can also find it in Teams under files and on Classroom Connect.
- Friday: Read pgs. 408-411 in your Ready Reading book or use the attachment below to view the passages. Use the passages to complete the quiz on GoFormative “Ready Reading Lesson 22” it has already been assigned to you. Follow this link and sign in using the class join code WCOANC and your 1alpha as your username and password. There is no written response this week.
Lesson 22 Printable Pages
Lesson 22 Passage 1 Printable Assessment Pages
Lesson 22 Passage 2 Printable Assessment Pages
Newsela Article My Name is Tani’ Printable Pages
Standards: SS.5.A.6.9; SS.5.A.6.2
- Students will be able to describe the hardships of settlers along the overland trails to the west
- Students will be able to identify roles and contributions of significant people during the expansion of western expansion
- Monday: God to www.nearpod.com for Lesson 7 The Oregon Trail in your Western Expansion Packet, use FITAM. Remember to follow the sign-in directions for Nearpod that you can find on this document Digital Platforms Access Cheat Sheet. You can also find it in Teams under files and on Classroom Connect. There are no papers to turn in I can see who completed the lesson and work online in Nearpod.
- Tuesday: Go to www.nearpod.com for the Oregon Trail Simulation, use the code BQFJD. Remember to keep track of your score as you move through the lesson to put in your score at the end.
- Wednesday: Go to www.nearpod.com and complete the Time to Climb Nearpod for the Oregon Trail using the code SKZNLand then go to www.brainpop.com and complete the video titled Gold Rush. There are no papers to turn in I can see who completed the lesson and work online in Nearpod. Remember to email me your Brainpop Quiz results.
- Thursday: Go to www.nearpod.com for Lesson 8 Gold Rush in your Western Expansion Packet use code WIRCZ. After finished the nearpod lesson start the California Gold Rush Link and Think activity. Complete the first 2 pages ‘A Golden Discovery’ and ‘Traveling to California’. You will complete your work in the Gold Rush packet that you got when you picked up your reading book from school OR print it off form the resources below. Use the link in Teams under Files – Class Material – Lesson 8 Gold Rush Link Think. You do not need to finish this today you will finish it tomorrow.
- Friday: Complete the rest of the California Gold Rush Link and Think activity. Use the link in Teams under Files – Class Material – Lesson 8 Gold Rush Link Think. You will complete your work in the Gold Rush packet that you got when you picked up your reading book from school OR print it off form the resources below. You will use the information you learned to answer questions to complete the quiz on www.nearpod.com use the code HXBEM.
Lesson 7 Printable Pages
Lesson 8 Printable Pages
Lesson8-Student_Flipbook Printable Pages