WEEK 7: May 11 – May 15
Mrs. de Rose’s email:
Office Hours: 10:00-11:30 and 1:30-3:00. This is when I will be available to answer questions through email, teams, or remind. If needed, we can even schedule a video conference through Teams to help with work or answer questions. Parents OR students 🙂
Please join us on remind at https://www.remind.com/join/derose5
– LAFS.5.RL1.2; LAFS.5.W.3.9a; LAFS.5.SL.2.4; LAFS.5.L.3.4b; LAFS.5.L.3.6
– Determine a theme of a story, drama, or poem from details in the text, including how characters in a story or drama respond to challenges or how the speaker in a poem reflects upon a topic; summarize the text.
– Draw evidence from literary or informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and research.
– Report on a topic or text or present an opinion, sequencing ideas logically and using appropriate facts and relevant, descriptive details to support main ideas or themes
– Students will use Greek and Latin affixes and roots as clues to the meaning of a word.
– Students will acquire and use academic and domain specific words and phrases.
Weekly grades will be taken from all weekly work completed and submitted to the teacher either through email or digital platforms. The weekly assignments will be added together and an average score will be given as the weekly assessment score.
I am going to be getting on Teams at 2pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I will host a meeting that you can join in hope to see you in at least one of the meetings.
- Monday: Go to www.nearpod.com and use the code LNVCM to complete the video lesson on Theme. This is a review of what we have learned earlier in the year. There are no papers to turn in I can see who participated in my nearpod report.
- Tuesday: Theme Review. Go to www.nearpod.com and use the code HSAOW to complete the lesson. There is nothing you need to turn in I can see who completed the assignments and their time spent on the activities online. You may print out the score tracker sheet that is below in resources if you want to use to track your score.
- Wednesday: 15 min on www.ixl.com skills Q.4 on 6th Grade Level (you can do it 🙂 and 15 min on www.readworks.com. Read the assigned article “The Strength of Three” and complete the quiz. Remember to follow the sign in directions for Readworks and IXL that you can find on this document Digital Platforms Access Cheat Sheet. You can also find it in Teams under files and on Classroom Connect. There is nothing you need to turn in I can see who completed the assignments and their time spent on the activities online.
- Thursday: Paragraph Writing. We are going to do another Nearpod and work on writing well-formed paragraphs. Follow this link to go to Nearpod.com and use the code PCTYG to complete the lesson. You will be writing your paragraphs in the nearpod so there is no need to turn in any other work to me. I will see what you wrote in the nearpod. Remember to follow the sign in directions for Nearpod that you can find on this document Digital Platforms Access Cheat Sheet You can also find it in Teams under files and on Classroom Connect.
- Friday: Read the article ‘Vivian’s Move’ by either printing it out from the resources below or simply opening the link and reading it online. Then go to www.goformative.com and complete the quiz titled Vivian’s Move.
Readworks Article “The Strength of Three” Printable Pages
Score Tracker Sheet Printable Page
Vivian’s Move Theme Practice Printable Pages
Standards: SS.5.C.1.4; SS.5.C.1.5; SS.5.C.3.3
– Students will be able to identify the Articles of Confederation’s weaknesses.
– Students will be able to describe how concerns about individual rights led to the inclusion of the Bill of Rights in the U.S. Constitution.
– Students will be able to give examples of powers granted to the federal government and those reserved for the states.
- Monday: Go to www.nearpod.com and use the code KZEYB to complete the lesson titled Articles of the Confederation. You will complete slides 1-7 today and 8-12 on Tuesday. Make sure to do the activities in the nearpod as they do count to your weekly grade.
- Tuesday: Go to www.nearpod.com and use the code KZEYB to complete the lesson titled Articles of the Confederation. You completed slides 1-7 yesterday and need to complete slides 8-12 today. Make sure to do the activities in the nearpod as they do count to your weekly grade.
- Wednesday: Go to www.nearpod.com and use the code SMKCT to complete the lesson on the U.S. Constitution.
- Thursday: Go to www.nearpod.com and use the code GSBLY to complete the lesson on the Bill of Rights.
- Friday: Go to www.nearpod.com and us the code VHLAG to complete the escape room activity for the Bill of Rights.
BillofRights Escape Room Printable Student Pages