|Unit of Instruction||Unit 8 - Water: Fact and Fiction|
SS.5.A.5.1 – Identify and explain significant events leading up to the American Revolution.
· SS.5.A.5.2 – Identify significant individuals and groups who played a role in the American Revolution.
· SS.5.A.5.3 – Explain the significance of historical documents including key political concepts, origins of these concepts, and their role in American independence.
· SS.5.A.5.4 – Examine and explain the changing roles and impact of significant women during the American Revolution.
· SS.5.A.5.5 – Examine and compare major battles and military campaigns of the American Revolution.
· SS.5.A.5.6 – Identify the contributions of foreign alliances and individuals to the outcome of the Revolution.
· SS.5.A.5.7 – Explain economic, military, and political factors which led to the end of the Revolutionary War.
· SS.5.A.5.8 – Evaluate the personal and political hardships resulting from the American Revolution.
· SS.5.A.5.9 – Discuss the impact and significance of land policies developed under the Confederation Congress (Northwest Ordinance of 1787).
· SS.5.A.5.10 – Examine the significance of the Constitution including its key political concepts, origins of those concepts, and their role in American democracy
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
Students will share ideas about the role of water in different cultures
Students will apply metacognitive strategies to build knowledge about water in mythology
Students will improve writing by planning
Students will determine meaning of similes
Students will interpret figurative language om context
Students will be able to explain the Intolerable Acts
Students will be able to describe the First Continental Congress
Students will be able to explain the difference between Patriots and Loyalists
Students will be able to read a description about a Revolutionary War Figure and be able to decide if that person is a Patriot or Loyalist
Students will be able to describe the causes of the war
Students will be able to describe several important battles of the American Revolution
Centers ( including Brain pop, I Ready, IXL, Newsela)
Spelling and Vocabulary Lesson 31
Benchmark Unit 8
Revolutionary War Packet and research
Vocabulary Lesson 31 – formative– 4/7
Spelling lesson 31 – formative – 4/7
·Reading formative – 4/7
· Benchmark U8W2 formative– 4/7