Practice States and Capitals of the Northeast region
Regions and Climates of the US
Read I Love You Michael Collins letters 17-23
Classroom discussion of chapters read each day
Grammar morning work
Centers – writing, spelling/vocab, research, reading fluency, specific skill practice
Spelling/vocab Lesson 3
Root –cred – believe
Prefix –de- dis- opposite, against
1. credential – a quality, skill, or experience that makes a person suited to do a job.
2. credible – able to be believed; reasonable to trust or believe.
3. creditor – a person, bank, or company that lends money to someone.
4. creed – a statement of the basic beliefs of a religion; an idea or set of beliefs that guides the actions of a person or group.
5. incredulous – not able or willing to believe something; feeling or showing a lack of belief.
6. displace – to take the job or position of someone or something; to force people or animals to leave the area where the live; to move something so that it is no longer in its original or regular location.
7. disgrace – to cause someone to feel ashamed; to cause someone or something to lose or become unworthy of respect or approval.
8. decode – to find or understand the true or hidden meaning of something; to change (secret messages, documents) from a set of letter, numbers, and/or symbols you cannot understand into words you can understand.
9. deprive – to take something away from someone or something; to not allow to have or keep something.
10. decline – to become lower in amount or less in number; to become worse in condition or quality; to say that you will not or cannot do something.
Northeast Region of the US
1. Maine, ME, Augusta
2. New York, NY, Albany
3. New Jersey, NJ, Trenton
4. Vermont, VT, Montpelier
5. New Hampshire, NH, Concord
6. Massachusetts, MA, Boston
7. Rhode Island, RI, Providence
8. Connecticut, CT, Hartford
9. Pennsylvania, PA, Harrisburg
10. Delaware, DE, Dover
11. Maryland , MD, Annapolis