• LAFS.5.RI.1.1 – Quote accurately from a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
• LAFS.5.RI.1.2 – Determine two or more main ideas of a text and explain how they are supported by key details
• LAFS.5.RI.1.3 – Explain the relationships or interactions between two or more events, ideas, or concepts in a scientific or technical text.
• LAFS.5.W.3.9 – Draw evidence from information texts to support analysis and reflection.
• LAFS.5.SL.1.1 – Pose and respond to specific questions and contribute to discussions. Review the key ideas expressed and draw conclusions.
• LAFS.5.L.3.4 – Use Greek and Latin affixes and roots as clues to the meaning of a word.
• LAFS.5.L.3.6 – Acquire and use academic and domain-specific words and phrases.
• SS.5.A.2.1 – Compare cultural aspects of ancient American civilizations (Aztecs/Mayas; Mound Builders/Anasazi/Inuit).
• SS.5.A.2.2 – Identify Native American tribes from different geographic regions of North America.
• SS.5.A.2.3 – Compare cultural aspects of Native American tribes from different geographic regions of North America including but not limited to clothing, shelter, food, major beliefs and practices, music, art, and interactions with the environment.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
We will be reviewing this week: main idea/important details, summarizing, inferencing, cause/effect, nouns, plural nouns and possessive nouns.
We will continue researching famous Native Americans.
Monday, October 26 – pumpkin character activity
Thursday, October 22 – Northeast, Southeast and Midwest regions mix formative
Friday, October 23 – ELA Summative, possessive nouns formative
Friday, October 23 – Native American Unit summative
Remember Monday, October 26 Pumpkin Book Report is due!
Vocabulary lesson 7 = port(carry) com, con, co (with)