• LAFS.5.RL.2.5 – Compare and contrast the overall structure of events, ideas, concepts, or information in two or more texts
LAFS.5.RL.2.5 – Compare and contrast chronology and problem-solution text structures
LAFS.5.RL.2.5 – Recognize words that signal particular structures
• LAFS.5.L.3.4 – Use Greek and Latin affixes and roots as clues to the meaning of a word.
• LAFS.5.L.3.6 – Acquire and use academic and domain-specific words and phrases.
• SS.5.A.5.1 – Identify and explain significant events leading up to the American Revolution.
• SS.5.A.5.2 – Identify significant individuals and groups who played a role in the American Revolution.
• SS.5.A.5.3 – Explain the significance of historical documents including key political concepts, origins of these concepts, and their role in American independence.
• SS.5.A.5.4 – Examine and explain the changing roles and impact of significant women during the American Revolution.
• SS.5.A.5.5 – Examine and compare major battles and military campaigns of the American Revolution.
• SS.5.A.5.6 – Identify the contributions of foreign alliances and individuals to the outcome of the Revolution.
• SS.5.A.5.7 – Explain economic, military, and political factors which led to the end of the Revolutionary War.
• SS.5.A.5.8 – Evaluate the personal and political hardships resulting from the American Revolution.
• SS.5.A.5.9 – Discuss the impact and significance of land policies developed under the Confederation Congress (Northwest Ordinance of 1787).
• SS.5.A.5.10 – Examine the significance of the Constitution including its key political concepts, origins of those concepts, and their role in American democracy.
American Revolution Packet
Ready Reading Lesson 13 – Comparing text structures, Part 2:cause/effect and compare/contrast
Volusia County Writing Assessment
Spelling/Vocabulary Lesson 18 (review week, roots and affixes only, see below)
Wednesday, Feb.3 – Volusia Writes
Friday, Feb. 5 – Summative on all text structures ( problem/solution, chronolgy, compare/contrast, and cause/effect)
Greek and Latin review of roots and affixes from lessons 13-17