ELA.4.R.2.2:Central Idea:Explain how relevant details support the central idea, implied or explicit.
LAFS.4.RI.1.2: Determine the main idea of a text and explain how it is supported by key details; summarize the text.
SS.4.G.1.1 Identify physical features of Florida.
SS.4.G.1.2 Locate and label cultural features on a Florida map.SS.4.G.1.4 Interpret political and physical maps using map elements (title, compass rose, cardinal directions, intermediate
directions, symbols, legend, scale, longitude, latitude).
• explain how relevant details support the central idea, implied or explicit.
• identify map elements such as title, compass rose, symbols, legend, scale, longitude, and latitude).
• indicate cardinal directions and intermediate directions on a map.
• interpret information on political and physical maps to explain locations and distances.
• Compare locations of two places using map elements
Good Morning sunshine – Morning Work
Florida Social Studies Dailies
Continue Main Idea
StoryWorks – The Amazing Boat Rescue – Finding the Main Idea/Central Point of a part of text.
Practice skills in center – Main Idea, summarizing, Vocabulary
Grammar – Simple and Compound Sentences
Locating Ourselves in the World – Map text and question
Label Florida Map – major cities, waterways, and cultural features, and tourism attractions