The student will:
– Apply an understanding of addition and subtraction, place value, and flexibility with multiple strategies to use the standard algorithms for addition and subtraction of whole numbers.
– Fluently add and subtract multi-digit whole numbers using the standard algorithm by the end of grade 4.
– Demonstrate that the star patterns (constellations) in the sky appear to shift across the sky nightly due to Earth’s rotation on its axis.
– Discuss how different star patterns are high in the night sky in some seasons but dip below the horizon in other seasons (summer sky vs winter sky).
– Explain that star patterns in the sky appear to move and change over the course of the year due to Earth’s revolution around the sun.
– Describe the changes that occur to the observable shape of the moon and record on a lunar calendar.
Weekly IReady lessons
Math Topic check #1
Math Book, Chapter 2, Lesson 3: “Add and Subtract Mentally”
Lesson 4: “Estimate Sums and Differences”
Check My Progress, pp 85-6
Lesson 5: “Add Whole Numbers”
Lesson 6: “Subtract Whole Numbers”
Constellation Project (assign Tuesday/ due following Tuesday)
Nearpod Constellation activity “Constellation Station” and quiz
Moon Lore readings and questions