MATH: MA.4.AR.1.1 MA.4.NSO.2.3 MA.4.NSO.2.2
- Solve real world problems involving multiplication and division of whole numbers including problems in which remainders must be interpreted within the context.
- Multiply two whole numbers, using a standard algorithm with procedural fluency.
- Multiply two whole numbers, up to three digits by two digits, with procedural fluency.
- Investigate how technology and tools help to extend the ability of humans to observe very small things and very large things.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- Understand multiplying by one-digit numbers.
- Solve multi-step word problems involving multiplication.
- Discuss the types of investigations in which a webcam, telescope, microscope, or hand lens might be used.
- Research the histories of the microscope and telescope reporting on what is learned.
- Identify the telescope and satellite as tools that have allowed scientists to see very large things, such as the Earth, the solar system, and parts of the universe.
- Review for Math Chapter 2 (multiply by one-digit numbers) on Wednesday.
- Begin Math Chapter 3 “Multiply by two-digit numbers” Math book, pp. 117-124
- Science Test on Earth Patterns/Space/Constellations on Friday.
- Constellation Projects due on Tuesday- students will present projects.
- Reading “How Do Magnifying Glasses Work?” and Chart on Magnifiers
- Multiplication Facts practice
- IXL goals