|Subject Area||Math and Science|
|Unit of Instruction||Multiplication/ Earth's Features|
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
The students will:
– Use manipulatives or drawings of rectangular arrays and/or array models to solve and explain multi-digit multiplication problems.
– Apply an understanding of rectangular arrays and area models to connect to the partial products strategy.
– Use technology and tools to study and investigate samples of rocks.
– Observe and identify examples for each of the three categories of rocks (igneous, sedimentary, and
– Construct models for each of the three categories of rocks to include major details.
– Explain, pictorially and in words, the different ways rocks are formed.
– Describe how each category of rock is formed.
– Differentiate between the three different categories of rocks based on how each is formed and/or their
Math Book, Chapter 3, Lessons 1-4
Math My Homework pages
** Please see my Canvas module “Manning Math/Science At Home” for daily assignments if student is absent and needs make-up work **