|Subject Area||Math and Science|
|Unit of Instruction||Division/ Properties of Matter|
– Find whole-number quotients and remainders with up to four-digit dividends and one-digit divisors, using strategies based on place value, the properties of operations, and/or the relationship between multiplication and division.
– Illustrate and explain calculations by using equations, rectangular arrays, and area models.
– Measure and compare objects and materials based on their physical properties, including: mass, shape, volume, color, hardness, texture, odor, taste, and attraction to magnets.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
The student will:
– Use manipulatives or drawings of rectangular arrays and/or area models to solve and explain division problems that involve the division of a multi-digit dividend (with up to 4 digits) by a one-digit divisor.
– Apply an understanding of rectangular arrays and area models to connect to the partial quotients strategy.
– investigate and explain that all matter has the following measurable properties: volume (takes up space) and mass (weight).
Math activities w/manipulatives
**See Weekly Assignment sheet at top of page