|Subject Area||Math and Science|
|Unit of Instruction||Multiplication/ Earth's Features|
– Multiply a whole number of up to four digits by a one-digit whole number, and multiply two two-digit numbers, using strategies based on place value and the properties of operations.
– Illustrate and explain the calculation by using equations, rectangular arrays, and/or area models.
– Identify resources available in Florida (water, phosphate, oil, limestone, silicon, wind, and solar).
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
The student will:
– Use manipulatives or drawings of rectangular arrays and/or array models to solve and explain multi-digit multiplication problems
– Apply an understanding of rectangular arrays and area models to connect to the partial products strategy.
– Identify natural resources available in Florida.
– Distinguish FL natural resources as renewable (water, wind, solar, trees) and nonrenewable ( phosphate, oil,
Weekly I-Ready 45 minute lessons