|Subject Area||Math and Science|
|Unit of Instruction||Division/ Properties of Matter|
Find whole-number quotients and remainders with up to four-digit dividends and one-digit divisors, using
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
The student will:
– Use manipulatives or drawings of rectangular arrays and/or area models to solve and explain division problems
– Apply an understanding of rectangular arrays and area models to connect to the partial quotients strategy.
– Compare objects based on observable and measurable physical properties (shape, color, hardness, texture,
– Investigate and explain that all matter has the following measurable properties: volume (takes up space) and
– Record and compare the mass and volume of solid and liquid matter using metric units.
– Record and compare the volume of regular- and irregular-shaped solids using the water displacement method.
– Display data appropriately in charts, tables, and graphs.
– Compare measurement data with other lab groups checking for accuracy.
– Explain any differences that may have occurred across groups.
Weekly I-Ready lessons (45 Minutes)