MATH 4.NF.3.5 4.NF.3.6 4.NF.3.7
- Understand and compare decimals
SCIENCE SC.4.P.10.1 SC.4.P.10.2 SC.4.P.10.3 SC.4.P.10.4 SC.4.P.11.1 SC.4.P.11.2 SC.4.P.12.1 SC.4.P.12.2
- Observe and describe some basic forms of energy.
- Investigate and compare speeds of different objects
- Investigate heat energy by measuring temperature changes in a liquid.
- Invetigate which materials are the best conductors.
- Explain the relationship between energy and motion.
SOCIAL STUDIES SS.4.A.5.1 SS.4.A.5.2
- Describe Florida’s involvement (secession, blockades, battles of Ft. Pickens, Olustee, etc., food supplies) in the Civil War.
- Summarize challenges Floridians faced during Reconstuction.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
The student will:
- Add two fractions with respective denominators 10 and 100 by finding equivalent fractions with like denominators.
- Translate a fraction with a denominator of 10 or 100 into its equivalent decimal form
- Translate a decimal to the tenths or hundredths place into its equivalent fraction form.
- Represent a decimal value on a number line.
- Explain that decimals can only be compared when they refer to the same size wholes.
- Describe the conditions leading up to Florida’s secession from the Union.
- Summarize Florida’s involvement in the Civil War.
- Identify major moments in Florida’s Civil War history.
- Identify the events surrounding Reconstruction.
- Describe the challenges of Reconstruction in Florida including segregation. (sharecropping, black participation in state and federal governments)
- Use and participate in classroom experiments to investigate motion, sound, light, and heat energy.
Weekly assignment sheet
IXL T6-T10 decimals
Social Studies reading and questions
Math Stations- skill sheets, facts practice, teacher table
Small group activities
Math skill sheets
Social studies questions
**Science and Math retakes on Friday