|Subject Area||Math and Science|
|Unit of Instruction||Data and Line Plots/ Human Uses of Energy|
– Represent and interpret data on line plots.
-Describe how moving water and air are sources of energy and can be used to move things.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
The student will:
– Create a line plot to display measurement data including fraction units of halves, quarters, and eighths.
– Use the measurement data on a line plot to solve problems involving the addition and subtraction of fractions with like denominators.
– Investigate and describe how energy can cause motion (e.g. moving water an turn a water wheel to make hydropower, wind can move sand across the beach or sail a model boat, solar energy can power a model car).
-Investigate and describe how energy can reate change in matter (e.g. heat energy an melt ice, moving water can make rocks smooth, light can keep food warm).
– Explain the relationship between energy and motion.
Weekly I-Ready (45 minutes) lessons on Thursday