W1 ELearning (3/30-4/3)
Here is the list of Websites students may be using for ELearning. Let me know if you have any questions about any of them.
List of Websites
|Subject Area||Math, Science, SS|
|Unit of Instruction||Measurement/Plants/Spanish Am. War/FL Economy|
MATH: 4.MD.1.1 1.2 1.3
- Find equivalence in units of customary measure.
SCIENCE: SC.4.L.16.4 SC.4.L.16.1
- Compare and contrast the major stages in the life cycles of Florida plants, such as those that are flowering and non-flowering.
- Identify the processes of sexual reproduction in flowering plants, including pollination, fertilization (seed production), seed dispersal, and germination.
SOCIAL STUDIES: SS.4.A.6.4 SS.4.A.6.1 SS.4.A.4.1
- Describe the effects of the Spanish-American War on Florida.
- Explain the effects that technological advances had on Florida.
- Describe the economic development of Florida’s major industries.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
The student will:
- know relative size of measurement units within one system.
- convert larger units of measure into smaller equivalent units
- complete a two-column table (function table) showing measurement equivalents and relate measurement conversions to multiplicative comparisons (e.g., 1 yard is 3 times as long as 1 foot).
- use the four operations to solve word problems involving distances (i.e., inch, feet, yard, mile; millimeter, centimeter, meter, kilometer), including simple fractions or decimals and represent fractional quantities of distance using linear models.
- use the four operations to solve word problems involving intervals of time including simple fractions and represent these intervals of time using linear models.
- Review that all living things have a life cycle.
- Review the way plants can reproduce: flowering and non-flowering, or with cones and spores.
- Explore the life cycles of various plants found in Florida (e.g. orange , pine tree, hibiscus).
- Diagram the major life stages in the life cycle of plants (seed > seedling > mature plant > flower or cone.
- Compare the major stages in the life cycles of Florida plants, both flowering and non-flowering seed bearing plants (e.g. daisies and pine trees).
- Describe the causes of the Spanish-American War and the effect it had on Florida.
- Provide an explanation of events in a historical text, including what happened and why, based on specific information from the text.
- Describe what led to the boom in Florida’s economy from 1866-1900.
Directions to Access Canvas Courses
- Students will log onto their vPortal account via the Volusia County student page https://www.vcsedu.org/students
- Select “Canvas” icon
- They should see 4 courses: English Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies
- Modules represent each week and include individual pages with directions for each day of the week.
- All assignments, videos, and activities will be linked directly onto the day.
- Students can e-mail me directly through the course by selecting the inbox icon on the left hand side and composing a new message. My e-mail is: email@example.com
- I can also be contacted through REMIND and my Ivy Hawn email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assignments that are on paper (for example, from the Math text) can be screen shotted and emailed to me also.
- Please scroll down to the bottom of this page (where it says ADD MEDIA)for a list of websites/media that students may be using. Please let me know ASAP if they are having difficulty logging in to any sites for assignments.
- I will schedule weekly ZOOM meetings so that I can stay in touch with students and answer any questions they may have.
See CANVAS courses