|Subject Area||Math and Science|
|Unit of Instruction||Quadrilaterals/FSA Reviews/Animal Life Cycles|
**REVIEW of various Math standards from this year.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
The student will:
-Classify two-dimensional shapes into the following categories: those with parallel lines, those with perpendicular lines, those with both parallel and perpendicular lines, those with no parallel or perpendicular lines.
-Classify two-dimensional shapes into categories based on the presence or absence of acute, obtuse, or right angles.
-Recognize that right triangles form a category of triangles and identify triangles that fit in this category.
– Review that all living things have a life cycle.
– Explore life cycles of various animals living in Florida.
– Describe complete metamorphosis (4 stages) using animals that undergo this change (butterflies, frogs, flies, ants)
– Describe incomplete metamorphosis (3 stages) using animals that undergo this change (grasshoppers, cockroaches, dragonflies).
– Compare/contrast the differences in body structures of the different stages (egg, larva, pupa, adult, nymph).
I-Ready Weekly lessons (Wednesday)
**See Weekly Assignment Sheet at top of Lesson Plan**