|Subject Area||Math and Science|
|Unit of Instruction||Symmetry/Animal Characteristics/FSA Reviews|
– Recognize a line of symmetry for a two dimensional figure as a line across the figure such that the figure can be folded along the line into matching parts.
– Explain that although characteristics of plants and animals are inherited, some characteristics can be affected by the environment.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
The student will:
– Explain line symmetry and identify figures that have line symmetry (e.g. fold a figure or draw a line so it has 2 parts that match exactly.)
– Draw lines of symmetry in both regular and non-regular polygons.
– Explain that some characteristics (traits) of plants are inherited by offspring from parents (e.g., type of plant,
– Explain that some characteristics (traits) of plants are affected by the environment in both positive and negative
– Explain that some characteristics (traits) of animals are inherited by offspring from parents (e.g., freckles,
– Explain that some characteristics (traits) of animals are learned/acquired by the environment (e.g., hair color
– Explain that environmental factors such as climate, disease, light, temperature, predator-prey relationships, and
Weekly I-Ready Lesson (Wednesday)
**See Weekly Assignment Sheet at top of lesson plan**