Weekly-Assignments May 10-14
|Subject Area||Math and Science|
|Unit of Instruction||Problem Solving/Animal Behaviors/FSA Review and Math Test|
MATH: OA.1.2 OA.1.3
– Multiply or Divide to solve word problems involving multiplicative comparison.
– Solve multi-step word problems posed with whole numbers and having whole number answers using the four operations, including problems in which remainders must be interpreted. Represent these problems using equations with a letter standing for the unknown quantity. Assess reasonableness of answers using mental computation and estimation strategies including rounding.
– Recognize that animal behaviors may be shaped by heredity and learning.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
The student will:
– Distinguish multiplicative comparisons (e.g. Tonya has 3 times as many cousins as Matthew) from additive comparisons (e.g. Tonya has 3 more cousins than Matthew).
– Solve word problems involving multiplicative comparisons.
– Solve multi-step word problems (up to 3 steps) that involve multiplication and/or division using strategies for grade 4 level.
– Represent a multi-step word problem using equations involving a variable represented by a letter for the unknown number.
– Interpret remainders that result from multi-step word problems.
– Assess the reasonableness of answers to multi-step word problems using estimation strategies including rounding.
– Give examples of how animal behaviors may be shaped by heredity or learning:
1) instinctive/inherited behaviors: hibernation, migration, hunting, protecting young, grooming, communication,
2) learned behaviors: using tools, language, hunting, playing, sports, writing, etc.
– Form conclusions that many animal behaviors are a combination of both heredity and learning.
– Differentiate between learned/acquired behaviors and inherited/innate behaviors.
FSA Math Test – Tuesday and Wednesday
FSA Math Review- Monday
Math Problem Solving activities
IXL: F2, F4, F5, F6, F7 (Problem Solving)
Weekly I-Ready Lesson (45 minutes) Friday this week
Floridastudents.org (2 tutorials on Hereditary and Learned Behaviors)
Inherited/Learned Science Activity
** See Weekly Assignment Sheet at top of Lesson Plan **