|Subject Area||Advanced Fashion|
|Grade Level||8th grade|
|Week #||1 - 40|
|Unit of Instruction||Complete process of designing|
– Recap of sketching techniques
– Introduction to Fashion seasons
– Exploration of Fashion Week
– The study of forecasting trends
– Designing of complete Collection
– Application of color theory into Fashion
– In-dept sewing techniques, and introduction to the Serger.
– Deeper knowledge of textile.
– Adobe illustrator
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
– Students will be able to use proper techniques to sketch complete fashion figures.
– Students will have an understanding of the adaptation of color theory into different fashion seasons.
– Students will be able to identify fashion trends, and understand the concept of Fashion forecasting.
– Students should be able to understand the breakdown of the “Fashion Week.”
– Students should know the process of designing a complete collection.
– Students should have deeper knowledge of Adobe illustrator.
– Students will be able to use the serger for clean finished project.
– Sketching of different categories of garments.
– Using Adobe Illustrator to design their concept boards.
– Basic Fashion photoshoot.
– Basic alteration of patterns.
– Sewing practice though projects.
– Color story activity.
– Trend forecasting research.
- Advanced Fashion – Fashion Forecasting Lesson (04/06/2020 – 04/10/2020)
- Advanced Fashion – Fashion Forecasting lesson (04/13/2020 – 04/17/2020)
- Fashion Design I/II – Design process lesson (04/06/2020 – 04/10/2020)