Welcome to Fashion Design!
After being on an extended vacation, here we are back in the habit. I am excited to be back in the classroom, either face to face or virtual. I want to let you all know that I am ready to have fun and talk about FASHION.
So here is the ID for the fashion classes: 2nd period – 778 7335 6427 and 7th Period – 711 9027 3012
Also the best way to contact me is through my email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Subject Area||Fashion Design Intro|
|Grade Level||8th grade|
|Week #||1st Quarter|
|Unit of Instruction||Introduction to Fashion Design|
– History of Fashion
– Introduction to sketching
– Different categories of Fashion
– The World of Ready-to-Wear
– Target Market
– Introduction to Adobe illustrator
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
– Students will be able to define fashion as an art and as a business.
– Students will have an understanding of the different categories of fashion.
– Students will be able to identify fashion trends, and have a clear understanding of Ready-to-Wear.
– Students should be able to understand the business of fashion and the role of a target market.
– Students will know the importance of sketching in the Fashion world.
– Students will be introduce to the Adobe illustrator program.
– Innovative students will turn in all activities and assignments to my email: email@example.com
– All in-class activities will be done in the sketch book
– Basic assessments will be done at the end of lessons.
– New vocabulary words will be identify at the end of every class.
– Students will have daily sketching activities.
– Appropriate documentaries video will be part of the class.
Assignment 1 due next class:
– Students need to complete the answers of the last slide of the “Introduction to Fashion” power point.
– Student will freehand drawing some circles (about a quarter size) on a white sheet of paper.
Students must use regular #2 pencil for sketching and complete the entire page.
– Innovative students will take picture of their assignment and email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
PS: Students will do the assignments during the class period, but if they’re not done they will finish them as homework.
- Fashion Des Intro Week 2
- Fashion Des Intro Week 3
- Fashion Des Intro Week 4
- Fashion Des Intro Week 5
- Fashion Des Intro Week 6
- Fashion Des Intro Week 8
- Fashion Design Essentials