Greetings to all of you!
The days have been very long for me, because I miss you all very much. But this is not the end, but another way for us to have fun and talk about fashion. I know you will miss the sewing part, but we can still have a lot of fun together. I have posted some reading for you for the week, but you don’t need to do it all at once. Because I know you have some other classes that require more of your attention. So I will suggest you go over it for about 10 to 15 minutes, and you can reply to me by Friday unless you have a question for me.
Words cannot express how much I miss you all! Please be safe and be Kind to your family.
Love you all!!!!
|Subject Area||Advanced Fashion|
|Grade Level||8th grade|
|Week #||Lesson week 04/06 - 04/10/2020|
|Unit of Instruction||Fashion Forecasting|
– WHAT ?
– WHO ?
– WHERE ?
– WHEN ?
– WHY ?
– HOW ?
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
Meteorologists who study the formation and behavior of tornadoes are called STORM CHASERS. They position themselves in a geographic location to spawn these violent but short-lived weather events.Then with skill, knowledge about storm behavior, they investigate the phenomenon. They transmit their findings to other meteorologists, and eventually, to the public.
TREND CHASERS work in many kinds of firms – For Designers, advertising agencies, fashion magazines, fiber producers, trade organizations, retail chains, and apparel brands. Their job title range from director of design inspiration, to manager of trend merchandising to fashion director, and so on. They also work in trend agencies that consult with companies in apparel, cosmetics, and interiors. Not all forecasters live in the fashion capital, but they all travel frequently to major fashion spot like, New York, London, Paris, Milan, and more.
– FASHION FORECASTING is a global career that focuses on predicting upcoming trends. It has been compared to chasing the future with a butterfly net(Gardner, 1995).
– It is not a magic practiced by the gift of seeing the future, but it is a creative process that can be understood and applied.
– Forecasters vary in the methods they use, but all are looking for things that help them predict the mood, behavior, and buying habits of the consumers. Because trends signal the emerging needs, wants, and aspirations of the consumer. In a narrow sense, Forecasting study the trends, and attempts to project past trends into the future.
There are LONG-TERM forecasting: 5 years or more. And SHORT-TERM forecasting: 1 year or more.
TREND is a new style or design that becomes accepted or fashionable and a lot of other people copy. it is a transitory increase or decrease. Some trends have lasted for a very long time, and some don’t. But all trends have the potential to eventually slow down and decline.
TREND signal the needs, wants, and aspiration of the consumers.
TRENDS are usually classified by duration on the market, therefore FORECASTERS create visualizations way to help understanding and communicate the movement of fashion future directions. The most common one are the FASHION CURVES, THE PENDULUM SWING, and THE FASHION CYCLES.
– TREND FORECASTING is not only about clothing, but everything else that goes with the appearance such as hair style, makeup, jewelry. accessories, shoes, etc..
WATCH THE VIDEO in the link found below to see trends from different period of time. Can you identify some of the trends?
Remember it is not only the clothing. Enjoy!!!
ACCORDING TO YOUR READING FIND OR GIVE DEFINITIONS OF THESE KEY TERMS AND CONCEPT
Please email me your key term definitions.
- Advanced Fashion – Fashion Forecasting lesson (04/13/2020 – 04/17/2020)
- Fashion Design I/II – Design process lesson (04/06/2020 – 04/10/2020)