Finally we get to be reconnected again. I would like for it to be face to face, but unfortunately the COVID-19 is standing in our way. I hope you are doing well, taking care of yourself and having fun at the same time.
I have posted some lecture for you, but it is for the entire week. Therefore you don’t need to go over everything at once. Just spend 10 to 15 minutes to read some and make sense out of if. If something is not clear to you and you want more detail or any other concern, just email me. I want you to focus more on your other academic classes, so you can send the answer for the short assignments up to Friday.
I miss each and every single one you all very much. Please take good care of yourself, do not procrastinate on your school work, and be kind to your family.
I love you all!!!
|Subject Area||Fashion Design Process|
|Grade Level||7th & 8th grade|
|Week #||Lesson week 04/06 - 04/10/2020|
|Unit of Instruction||Fashion Study Guide|
– THE BUSINESS OF FASHION
Seasons and Delivery Dates
Target customer and market group
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
THE BUSINESS OF FASHION is just like any other business. In order to be successful at it, we have to find your strength in order to make profit.
There are many different platforms on which fashion designers succeed.
– Some designers are superb at creating the best quality custom-made designs using the highest quality materials and craftsmanship know as “HAUTE COUTURE” and selling them at extremely high prices a niche market of wealthy clients.
Basically if you want to earn a living as a fashion Designer, you have to look at your design skills from a business perspective. A business succeed when its profits are greater than its costs. In order words, your designs have to sell.
SELLING YOUR DESIGN-
– There are 2 main options from which to choose when it comes to selling your line:
– “FASHION or APPAREL MARKET” Also call “MARKET CENTERS” are places where companies and reps can permanently show their items and buyers come to buy.
– “TRADE SHOWS” are organized events, usually 2 to 4 days in duration, where buyers and sellers come together to do business. They are held at exhibition centers, in major cities around the world.
– “BUYER” is an individual whose job is to source and purchase products for resale. Therefore, buyers are people to whom garment manufactures this to sell their goods.There are many different types of company where buyers of apparel can be found.
GO ON LINE AND FIND: 3 Apparel Marts in the United States.
3 Locations where they have Trade shows.
and send me the answer through my email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ACCORDING TO YOUR READING FIND THE DEFINITIONS OF THESE KEYS TERMS
Please send me your answer through my email: email@example.com