Good morning and Happy monday!
For this week we will continue to practice our hand sewing, sketches, and also we will be introduced to the world of Textile. First we will be watching a short document on “How cotton is processed in factories” and after that we will study about fabric in details.
Documentary: “How cotton is process in Factories/ How it’s made”
|Subject Area||Fashion Design Intro|
|Grade Level||7th & 8th grade|
|Week #||2nd Quarter|
|Unit of Instruction||The study of Textile|
– The textile industry
– The process of Cotton into textile
– Different between textile and fabric
– Fabric as a natural fiber
– Fabric as a synthetic fiber
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
– The importance of the textile industry in the world
– Students will learn the process of cotton form plant to fiber
– Students will explore the grandeur of the textile industry
– Students will learn about different source of fabrics.
Basic class discussion
Students will take picture of different clothing tags to identify fabric and country they were made from.