Welcome to Fashion Design!
After being on an extended vacation, here we are back in the habit. I am excited to be back in the classroom, either face to face or virtual. I want to let you all know that I am ready to have fun and talk about FASHION.
So here is the ID for the fashion classes: 2nd period – 778 7335 6427 and 7th Period – 711 9027 3012
Also the best way to contact me is through my email: email@example.com
|Subject Area||Fashion Design Essentials|
|Grade Level||8th grade|
|Week #||1st Quarter|
|Unit of Instruction||Advanced Fashion Design|
– Review on fashion vocabulary
– Recap on the history of Fashion
– Major Fashion trends from the past decades
– Introduction to the Textile industry
– Sketching and illustration
– Fashion consumer
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
– Students will have knowledge of the major trends that have global impact in the fashion world.
– Students will know how to study trends.
– Students will be introduced to the world of Textile and have basic knowledge of most common fabric.
– Students will have a clear understanding of the relation of the Textile industry to fashion.
– Students will be having deeper sketching knowledge.
– Students will be able to understand the importance of marketing in fashion.
– Research on previous Fashion decades
– Illustration of collection of garments
– Documentaries on past trends
– Fabric manipulation in design
– Fashion Show critique
Assignment 1 due the following class
– Student will freehand drawing some circles (about a quarter size) on a full of paper.
– Students will freehand drawing some oval circle (about a quarter size) on a full page of paper.
– Students will shade a sheet of paper from the darkest to the lightest.
Students must use regular #2 pencil for sketching and complete the entire page.
– Innovative students will take picture of their assignment and email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
PS: Students will do the assignments during the class period, but if they’re not done they will finish them as homework.