|Subject Area||Fashion Design I/II|
|Grade Level||7th & 8th grade|
|Week #||1 - 40|
|Unit of Instruction||Introduction to Fashion Design - Technology in Fashion|
– Students will learn about Fashion as an art form.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
– Ability to develop a mood/concept board using Adobe Illustrator
– Knowing the difference between woven and knit fabric
– Using appropriate sewing techniques to create small project.
– Identifying trends from different decades.
– Ability to thread and use basic home-sewing machine
– Basic sketching, using croquis to design garments with movements and winkles.
– Sewing project such as: pillow case, scrunchies, and tote bags.
– Making mock business card, using Adobe illustrator.
– Collage inspiration from different themes.
– Making different Fabric weave with colorful construction paper.
– Watching Documentaries video on fashion.