Welcome to the 4th Quarter! I know that this is a little unorthodox, but we will continue to work on performance and instrument fundamentals. It is important to work on our music and scales. I will continue to post new little exercises to play, as well as a fun musical challenge.
ALL ASSIGNMENTS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON CANVAS. PLEASE LOG INTO YOUR CANVAS TO FIND ASSIGNMENTS.
On Wednesday’s at 3:00, we will have “class” on Zoom. I will send out the link for you to join via email and remind. It is a free web service, so no need to sign up, but I will be sending out the invitation code for the meeting 15 minutes before class. Have your instruments handy, because I will ask for volunteers to demonstrate/show off what you have worked on over the break/week.
If you would like to have a small private lesson to get tips, feedback, or help on anything, please let me know, and I will schedule you in. I cannot do from 11-12 on Tuesday or Thursday, and 3:00-4:00 on Monday (Beginning) Wednesday (Jazz) and Friday (Symphonic Class time). Give me the best time for you in order for you to get the help you need.
|Weeks||28-36 (4th 9 Weeks)|
|Unit of Instruction||Applying Musical and Ensemble Concepts|
- Differentiate between “in tune” and “out of tune” pitches and how to make appropriate balance.
- Detect note, intonation, rhythm, articulation errors in rehearsal/individual practice/performance settings
- Critique personal performance, experiment with a variety of solutions, and make appropriate adjustments with guidance from teacher and peers
- Provide written or oral constructive criticism of a solo, chamber, or large ensemble performance based upon specific criteria
- Demonstrate understanding of how music functions in a variety of societies
- Demonstrate understanding the role and use of technology
Links to Music if you are missing ANYTHING
Select the scales for YOUR INSTRUMENT!
Scales – Flute
Scales – Oboe
Scales – Bassoon
Scales – Clarinet
Scales – Saxophone Alto
Scales – Saxophone Tenor
Scales – Trumpet
Scales – French Horn
Scales – Trombone
Scales – Baritone Euphonium
Scales – Tuba
Scales – Mallets
Here, there will be postings of recordings that you can play along with with your scales/Daily Warm-Ups/Music