|Subject Area||Introduction to Agriscience|
|Grade Level||6th & 7th|
|Unit of Instruction||Agriculture Communication|
CTE-AFNR.68.GENRL.13.01 (Links to an external site.)
Sort and classify types of communication used in agriculture.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
This week we will be focusing on that standard and also reaching out to others in a service project. I think you will enjoy this week’s assignment as you get to use your creativity and will be able to complete all your work during class time. (YAY!!!!)
Tuesday 12/15: What are you most looking forward to doing over Winter Break?
Wednesday 12/16: What have you enjoyed learning about in Agriculture so far this year?
Friday 12/18: Have a wonderful Winter Break…no Bell Ringer today! 🙂
This week we will be working on a communication assignment. We will be making holiday cards for our service people and we’ll be working through the militaryholidaycardchallenge.com website. Feel free to get creative through the use of crayons, colored pencils, markers, highlighters, etc. You’re all very creative; now is the time to allow your creativity to shine! 🙂 They have some standards for their cards or letters and they will be your instructions for this assignment. Remember, neatness counts!
1. Please address the card to “Dear Warrior”. Be respectful and polite.
2. Write a holiday greeting, keeping in mind that our Troops are diverse in their holiday practices and beliefs.
3. Write a personal note. For example: How do you celebrate the holidays? What are your family memories of holidays?
4. Sign your first name ONLY and the town and state where you live.
5. If you are or have been in the Military, or a member of a club, or an elected official or a First Responder, please consider including that information in your Card.
6. If your card is homemade, please keep the size to no larger than an 8 x 11 size paper folded in half.
***You need to turn in AT LEAST 3 cards by Friday, December 18, 2020, so that I can get these sent out in time. My Innovative students can turn these in to the front office on Ohio Ave and they will make sure that I receive them. If you don’t want to come to the office, you can send them to the school in one envelope OR type them up and email them to me! 🙂 Where there is a will, there is a way. This is one assignment that cannot be accepted late as it has to be mailed out by Friday afternoon.***