This week is Points Palooza Week: Your choice. Yay!
Pick activities and assignments from the following list. By doing these, you are creating your own learning paths and your grade for the week. Do as many as you need to result in 100% for the week. I will give you extra credit if you go over 100%.
Don’t send Remind Messages for each single assignment. Wait until Friday and have your mom or dad use REMIND or email to send me the list of things you did and the grade they all add up to. Again, this must come from your parent.
Don’t forget that Friday your book reports are due. Your book report will be a simple verbal interview on ZOOM. I will be on ZOOM at these times: 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 1:00, 2:00, and 3:00. You can come at any of those times, but if you don’t come to one session, your grade will be a ZERO.
Choices for Points Palooza:
- Write and mail a note to Jacquelyn Forrest, Dr. Forney’s 93-year-old mother. Tell her what you like about my teaching and why you think so. Tell her your favorite things we did in class this year. She is very lonely, and I haven’t been able to see her in 7 weeks. Lift her spirits! Her address is: Mrs. Jacquelyn Forrest, 1221 SW Shoreline Drive, Apt. 2220, Palm City, FL 34990 (20 points).
- Watch the one-minute You Tube video on a factory that makes the American flag (5 points).
- Research the making of the first American flag. Write 20 facts about our flag and who actually created the first one. (15 points).
- Watch the You Tube video, “Sour Cream Pound Cake.” (10 points)
- Make a sour cream pound cake and serve it to your family. (20 points).
- Do 45 minutes on iReady online (15 points).
- Read or review your book report book for 45 minutes (20 points).
- Call a grandparent (or special relative) and have a 10-minute conversation. Remember that they are eager to hear what’s going on in your life (20 points).
- Take a leisurely walk with your mom or dad. Give yourself 5 extra points if you spot all of these: a squirrel, a cardinal, hanging moss, a flower bed, and a flying bird) (15 points + 5).
- Volunteer and babysit your younger sister or brother so your parents can go out on a date (15 points).
- Fold a load of towels for your family and put them away (10 points).
- Spend an hour playing with a younger sibling (15 points).
- Bathe and dry your dog (15 points).
- Write a poem about your family and read it when everyone is together (10 points).
- This is Teacher Appreciation Week. Write an e-mail to one of your teachers telling him/her why you appreciate his/her teaching and experiences this past year (20 points).