LAFS.7.W.1.3 Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, relevant descriptive details, and well-structured event sequences.
LAFS.7.W.1.3a Engage and orient the reader by establishing a context and introducing a narrator and/or characters; organize an event sequence that unfolds naturally and logically.
LAFS.7.W.1.3b Use narrative techniques, such as dialogue, pacing, and description, to develop experiences, events, and/or characters.
LAFS.7.W.1.3c Use a variety of transition words, phrases, and clauses to convey sequence and signal shifts from one time frame or setting to another.
LAFS.7.W.1.3d Use precise words and phrases, relevant descriptive details, and sensory language to capture the action and convey experiences and events.
LAFS.7.W.1.3e Provide a conclusion that follows from and reflects on the narrated experiences or events.
– Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, well-chosen details, and well-structured event sequences.
– Engage and orient the reader by setting out a problem, situation, or observation, establishing one or multiple point(s) of view, and introducing a narrator and/or characters; create a smooth progression of experiences or events.
– Use narrative techniques, such as dialogue, pacing, description, reflection, and multiple plot lines, to develop experiences, events, and/or characters.
– Use a variety of techniques to sequence events so that they build on one another to create a coherent whole.
– Use precise words and phrases, telling details, and sensory language to convey a vivid picture of the experiences, events, setting, and/or characters.
– Provide a conclusion that follows from and reflects on what is experienced, observed, or resolved over the course of the narrative.
Monday, May 11th – Please review all attachments under Additional Resources. Please watch Mrs. Baker’s Class Lesson. (YouTube – link below.) Throughout the video I will ask 5 questions. You must submit the answers to the 5 questions, using complete sentences, by the end of the day on Tuesday. The material in the lesson is new. It’s important you watch my lesson. Thank you!
Tuesday, May 12th & Wednesday, May 13th – Review the material listed under Additional Resources. Watch the YouTube video Dustin/Dust-In. Watch it the first time to gain understanding. Watch it the second time to take notes. Your assignment – create a Dustin/Dust-In script. You will create dialogue, and a story, for this animated video. Your story should be at least one-page. Please follow the formatting and punctuation rules you learned in the YouTube videos/attachments.
Thursday, May 14th – Finish the Dustin/Dust-In Story. I would prefer you type the story in Word and submit to me on Vportal. Please share with: Hlbaker@volusia.k12.fl.us. If you would like, you can write your story and take a photo of it. Feel free to send me the photo on Remind or via email.
Friday, May 15th – 45-Minutes on iReady.
Monday, May 11th & Tuesday, May 12th – Watch Mrs. Baker YouTube video – answer the 5 questions presented in the YouTube video.
Friday, May 15th – The Outsiders End of Unit Project , Dustin/Dust-In script/story, and 45-minutes on iReady.