|Unit of Instruction|
ELA.7.R.2.1 Explain how individual text sections and/or features convey a purpose in texts.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
Friday: Vocab quiz (week 3 and 4 combined)
Q3W4 (ALWTW chap 1-3)
1. Artillery (n) large-caliber guns used in warfare on land.
2. Daze (v) make (someone) unable to think or react properly; stupefy; bewilder.
(n) a state of stunned confusion or bewilderment.
3. Droned (v, past tense) make a continuous low humming sound.
speak tediously in a dull monotonous tone.
4. Gourd (n) a fleshy, typically large fruit with a hard skin, some varieties of which are edible;
a drinking container, water container, or ornament made from the hard hollowed and dried skin of a gourd;
a climbing or trailing plant which bears gourds.
5. Graze (v) (of cattle, sheep, etc.) eat grass in a field.
6. Model (n) a three-dimensional representation of a person or thing, typically on a smaller scale than the original.
7. Rebel (n) : one who opposes or takes arms against a government or ruler
8. Restlessly (adv) done in an uneasy or anxious way; continually moving; unquiet
9. Shrouded (adj) wrapped or dressed (a body) in a cloth for burial.
covered or enveloped so as to be concealed from view.
10. Veered (v, past tense) change direction suddenly.
BONUS GREEK AND LATIN ROOT WORDS – WILL BE FEATURED IN CLASS RPG!!!