- Write expository texts to explain and analyze information from multiple sources, using relevant supporting details and logical organizational pattern ELA.7.C.1.4
- Improve writing by planning, revising and editing, considering feedback from adults and peers ELA.7.C.1.5
- Conduct research to answer a question, drawing on multiple reliable and valid sources, and generating additional questions for further research ELA.7.C.4.1
- Present information orally, in a logical sequence, emphasizing key points that support central
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
I will develop a plan for my research project.
I will develop a draft of my research.
I will edit and revise my research project.
I will publish my research project.
- Finish Narrative Writing (Triangle Shirtwaist Fire Factory) – upload to gradebook for a formative grade
- Remediation time
- Complete the Compare Authors’ Perspectives activities on page 548 in the textbook
- Research Project
- With a partner, you will research another significant fire in history and its effects.
- Together, you will research your fire and gather information using the graphic organizer on page 549.
- You will compile your information into a PowerPoint presentation and give an oral presentation using timelines, photographs, charts, maps, or other media materials.
- DEAR Time – Read “Sometimes a Dream Needs a Push” on pages 483 – 488 in the textbook. Complete all annotations and questions in the margins. Formative Grade
- Prepare your PowerPoint presentation (60 minutes)
- Presentation must include:
- All information from the graphic organizer.
- The effects of the fire.
- Should be at least 4 slides.
- Presentations (30 minutes)
Research PowerPoint (summative)
Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire Narrative Writing (formative)
Sometimes a Dream Needs a Push (formative)
- HMH online textbook
- go to: https://www.hmhco.com/
- Log-in and be sure to select Volusia County Charter Dist
- User – Alpha Code
- Password – birthday