Monday (LABOR DAY – no school)
– Do Now: How is your school year going so far? Do you have some things you want to improve on? What has been easier or harder than you expected? What would you like to change?
– Introduce New Vocab
– (p1/5 only: try out laptops, charge)
– Review Instructions for Writing Instructions
– Begin writing Instructions
Wednesday EARLY RELEASE
– Collect Do Now notebooks
– Review Quotation marks and dialogue punctuation
– Independent work time
– No Do Now today
– Finish writing instructions for a task you know well
– Small groups: share your instructions and teach the skill you wrote about. Have peers provide constructive feedback.
– Small groups: Write a dialogue using all 10 vocab words, read aloud to class.
– Do Now:
– Vocab Quiz
– Note-taking practice using Podcast (Hidden Brain: “Close Enough” 21:00-38:00)
– Questions to answer with notes: What is the main topic? Who presented the information? How did they present the information? What conclusions did they draw? What examples did they use? Why do you think they made this podcast? Was it effective at teaching you something new? Did it change your opinion about anything? Did it give you any new thoughts or ideas?