Q4W2, March 28 – April 1
American Legal System Summative Study Guide PDF
Judicial Branch In A Flash_Student Docs (1)
Rule of Law PowerPoint Student Copy
|Unit of Instruction||America's Legal System|
SS.7.C.3.10 – Identify sources and types (civil, criminal, constitutional, military) of law.
SS.7.C.3.11 – Diagram the levels, functions, and powers of courts at the state and federal levels.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
Recognize constitutional, statutory, case and common law as sources of law.
Recognize juvenile law.
Compare the different types of laws.
- Types of Laws Presentation – Rule of Law PowerPoint at the top of the page (you can also view the rule of law video at the top of the page)
- Civil and Criminal Law
- Read pages 416 – 427 in Textbooks
- Complete Let’s Review Questions on page 420 and page 427
- Write down key vocabulary terms
- American Legal System DIA
State Research Project Packets – Those who did not attend the field trip (complete at least 10 pages)
Civil and Criminal Law Review Questions (formative)