|Unit of Instruction||Reading for specific details, tech writing, connotative, and figurative, vocabulary words, commonly misspelled words|
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
Reading for author’s purpose
Reading for words we do not know
Reading for meaning and details- We must know both
Monday – Read Teddy Bodain, learn 10 new vocabulary words
2. Cabana Porter – A man who is paid to look after people’s valuables when they are swimming and not in their cabana
3. Shingle Rot – ugly and decayed
4. Land Deed – a certification that someone now owns a specific piece of land. The Land Deed must be filed at the county courthouse with the file clerk. It remains there in case you need to prove you own the land.
5. Baby Pram – a tall baby stroller that is flat so a baby can sleep while someone walks him/her out in the fresh air
6. Gold Locket – A locket is a small piece of jewelry that can be opened to reveal two small frames inside. Women of the 1800s often gave me a lock of their hair for one side and their picture on the other side. A locket was private so others could not see inside unless you invited them so.
7. sketches – simple drawings that usually just show outline and form
8. alcove– a small room or space set back into the wall
9. scalawag – a bad or dishonest person who swindles and cheats people
10. handkerchief – a piece of cloth, hemmed on all four sides used to wipe one’s hands, face, eyes, etc.
Tuesday – Read and discuss Teddy Bodain, review vocabulary words
Wednesday – Independent reading, class reading Teddy Bodain
Thursday Review vocabulary words, read Teddy Bodain
Friday – Summative test on vocabulary words, read Teddy Bodain