W7,Q1 10/12/20 Innovative Adv ELA
Wild Animals Outline
Vocab Week 7
6th grade schedule Taylor 10.12.20
Pets text set
Views on Zoos
|Unit of Instruction||Curriculum Focus: Argument|
LAFS.6.RI.3.8: Trace and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text, distinguishing claims that are supported by reasons and evidence from claims that are not.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
Students will trace an argument and specific claims in a text. (RI.3.8)
Students will evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text. (RI.3.8)
Trace or evaluate the argument or claims in a section of the text and/or throughout their research
Distinguishing arguments or claims that are supported with evidence from those that are not.
- Close read/discuss & analyze text: “Wild Animals Aren’t Pets” and “Let People Own Exotic Animals” **attached for your convenience**
- Close read/analyze “Views on Zoos” **attached for your convenience**
- Writing Skills: Practice text mapping, flip the prompt, and outlining argumentative tasks
- Analyzing arguments
- Write Argument Essay on “Exotic Animals as Pets”
- Comprehension questions on “Wild Animals Aren’t Pets” and “Let People Own Exotic Animals”
- Argument Essay on “Exotic Animals as Pets”
- Weekly Checklist
- Zoom Meeting
- ELA Zoom Meeting Information: You MUST sign in using your first and last name. Zoom links and codes are sent through email and Remind.
If there are questions or concerns, please contact me through my e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org, or my Remind.