Ready Reading Unit 3 Summative Part 1: Big Bugs (188-191) *GRADED ASSIGNMENT
Ready Reading Unit 3 Summative Part 2: The Praying Mantid (192-195) *GRADED ASSIGNMENT
Complete Summative Assessment (if necessary)
Polar Express Packet and Activities
Remediation and Retakes for Summative Assessment (if necessary)
Polar Express Party and Movie Day!
**I want to wish all of you a wonderful Holiday Break and a very Happy New Year!
WEEKLY STANDARDS/ SPELLING AND VOCABULARY
Social Studies: Geography
SS.3.G.1.1 – Use thematic maps, tables, charts, graphs, and photos to analyze geographical information
ELA Activities: Students will participate in small group learning in addition to whole group instruction.
ELA Learning Targets
UNIT 3 SUMMATIVE ASSESSMENT STANDARDS:
- Use context clues to help determine meanings of unfamiliar words.
- Use domain-specific knowledge to determine meanings of content-or-subject-area words or phrases.
- Understand that text features help to organize text and make it easier to locate information.
- Use text features to locate information in a text.
- Determine an author’s point of view based on words and phrases that signal the author’s opinion.
- Distinguish one’s own point of view from the author’s point of view
3.W.3.8 – Gather information from sources; take brief notes and sort evidence into categories.
- Students will be able to demonstrate Informative writing skills through a series of writing prompts.
There will not be any new Spelling and Vocabulary words until we return from Winter Break in January. We will use this time to review words from Units 1 and 2.