Ready Reading Summative (Part 1)
Race to the Rescue (66-69) *GRADED ASSIGNMENT
Asking and Answering Questions (A New Saturday Tradition)
Ready Reading Summative (Part 2)
The Strange Power of Volcanoes (70-73) *GRADED ASSIGNMENT
Complete Ready Reading Summative
Social Studies Summative – Branches of Government
Spelling Test – **GRADED ASSIGNMENT
Vocabulary Test – **GRADED ASSIGNMENT
Complete any unfinished work from this week.
WEEKLY STANDARDS/ SPELLING AND VOCABULARY
Social Studies: Citizenship and Government
**We will have a Summative Assessment for the Branches of Government. This assessment will be “open book.”
ELA Activities: Students will participate in small group learning in addition to whole group instruction.
**There will be a Summative Assessment this week for Unit 1. (Asking and Answering Questions, Main Idea and Key Details, Sequencing, Cause and Effect).
ELA Learning Targets:
LAFS.3.RI.1.1 Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers.
- Identify the main idea of a text
- Recount the details and explain how they support the main idea of a text.
- Describe the sequential relationship between a series of events in a historical text.
- Identify and use words that signal time order sequence.
- Describe the cause-effect relationship between a series of ideas in a scientific text.
- Identify and use words that signal cause and effect.
3.W.3.8 – Gather information from sources; take brief notes and sort evidence into categories.
- Students will be able to demonstrate Informative writing skills through a series of writing prompts.
Perfect – without a mistake or fault
Challenge – something that calls for work and effort
Healthy – well; not sick
Satisfy – to meet the needs of; to make happy
Manage – to succeed at doing something
Scratch – 1. Scrape or cut with nails or claws 2. Cancel or strike out
Appetite – Wanting to eat